CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Life Happens

When I started this blog(all of yesterday!), I thought this was going to be a funny account of the daily grind of being a stay at home mom of 3. I planned to be funny and witty and hopefully learn to laugh at myself more! Then I came across little Layla Grace www.laylagrace.org and her story. Suddenly, I don't feel so funny or witty. I don't know why this little girl has made such an impact on me. I am not naive, I know that there are way too many sick kids in this world. I have read and heard many stories of children suffering. But this particular little girl is affecting me in a way I can't understand. I have never met Layla or her family. So what is it about her? Is it her piercing blue eyes? Her angelic little face? Maybe it is because when I look at her I think of my youngest, the Blond One. She is just 13 months and also has the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen. Maybe when I look at little Layla, I see my own baby girl. 


Maybe it is just the fact that I am a mother, who takes for granted the little things in life. I have days when I feel like NOTHING goes right. I feel beat down by the loads of laundry, toys piled up everywhere, the Red Head talking back, the Brunette pooping his pants, and I just want to drive away. I get so caught up with the little things...BUT that's just it. They are such little things. I can't imagine watching my child sleeping and knowing that there is a possibility that he or she won't wake up. I admire the strength and courage of all the parents of  sick and suffering children. I don't know if I could EVER find that kind of strength or courage.


So in the meantime, I will continue to pray for Little Layla Grace. I pray for that she finds peace and comfort during her last days. I will also try to let the "little" things go. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment